Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sad Girl


I didn't like the way this painting turned out -too dark and gloomy, her eyes were very tired and all night long I kept trying to make things look "right". I made her lips redder. There are lots of proportion and relationship errors, but it is a likeness. An OK painting, except that she looks so sad. Then I realized (duh) that she WAS sad and I feel bad for not being more connected with her in the beginning to realize what she must have been going through. There I was, totally absorbed only in what I was trying to accomplish, selfishly out of touch with what was going on with HER. As if she were a statue or something. I hope I never again forget that these are real PEOPLE.

1 Comments:

Blogger "JeanneG" said...

I really like the colors in the background. Just right for a sad lady.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home